Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Thank you

Today I received a little package in the mail from my childhood best friend, who now resides in France. We haven't see each other, in person, in more than 8 years (since I left Mauritius). We reconnected, through the power of Facebook, about three years ago. I suppose I should be thankful for Facebook, but I am such a hater when it comes to that subject... Anyway.
I wrote to her for Christmas. I sent her something accompanied by a card and little writings of everything we shared during our childhood.
She wrote me back with kind words, just as kind as she is. When someone goes out of their way, sacrifices a certain amount of time for me, it makes me happy. She reminded me of how we met in elementary school. We went to the same pre-school but then found each other a few years later. I was sitting on the bench, quiet as usual but calm, and she was crying because she missed her mom. She approached me and asked me if we could be friends. We instantly became attached at the hip. Funny how a simple question could later blossom into something much bigger.

Thank you Emily. You are one of the rarest, most genuine, honest and kind-hearted people I have ever met in my eighteen years of living. Thank you for your kind words about me. Thank you :)
I hope that one of these days, we'll reunite in person.

No comments: