Thursday, October 22, 2009

The weather is rainy, cloudy, grey and disgusting.
I semi-hate it, semi-enjoy it. I only truly enjoy my bus rides in this kind of weather. Everyone is quiet. To themselves. Thinking and pondering and contemplating on past choices, future choices or what's for dinner? or how delicious that panini bread was for lunch. We're all in our own world, our brains functioning, our minds wandering.
Even the passengers I see getting on who's presence I really dislike, tend to remain silent. (Thank God.)
Friends have their earphones on, music of their preference playing. They listen, absorb it all and watch the world go by until one of them has to get off and they say their goodbyes.

Bon Iver's For Emma, Forever Ago and Blood Bank will be the soundtrack of my autumn and winter days. Always.

Everything that happens is from now on.
This is pouring rain,
this is paralyzed.

Bon Iver

No comments: