Thursday, May 26, 2011

Real eyes realize real lies

Last year, around this time, things were complicated.

But now, I can honestly say that I am happy. I've maintained a healthy lifestyle in terms of the type of people with whom I choose to associate myself.

I understand that starting literally from scratch isn't easy. I am learning that everyday.
Though I didn't think there was any hope left, I can see now that it's actually possible. And that genuinely good people exist. The ones with whom you can have the best conversations about anything and everything.

Let me just say this yet again (and I'm sure I'll repeat it one day), childhood friendships are the best friendships there is.
I'm thankful for the people I've met throughout my entire life.
I'm thankful for the people who I have met recently. Thank you.
Most of all, I'm thankful for my family. They are ultimately the only people you can rely on besides yourself.

I'm at a good-enough place. I'm working the entire summer. I love my co-workers and my job. I look forward to the next day and the day after that. It's great.

The healing will definitely take time but my heart is ready for whatever there is to come :)

No comments: